Bronx Personal Injury Attorney
Do I need an Injury Attorney? Injured Contact us today.
Find out why you should choose us. Read about our victories.
5600A Broadway, Bronx, NY 10463

Fatal New York City Bus Accident

In a tragic turn of events, a Queens man was fatally struck by a New York City bus last Sunday. The man was coming home from an evening out with his wife when he began to feel ill. This was just prior to midnight. The wife explained to authorities that her husband began complaining of blurred vision, so he pulled the car over and got out. He began pacing and then proceeded to walk into the middle of a busy street. The approaching Q113 New York City bus then hit him. Emergency medical responders rushed him to the hospital, but he eventually died from the extreme trauma.

The wife could potentially file a personal injury claim against New York City Transit Authority for negligent operation of a city bus. The NYCTA is a municipal subdivision of New York City because it is a vehicle utilized by the municipality of New York City. As a municipal subdivision, it can be sued for negligence. Filing a lawsuit against a municipality and filing a lawsuit against an individual are very similar, but there are some differences that should be noted.

For example, municipal lawsuits require something called a "notice of claim." This notice must be filed with the municipality shortly after the alleged negligence leading to an accident occurs. If the victim, or in this case, the victim's wife fails to file this notice of claim within the necessary time constraints then she may lose her right to bring forth a wrongful death lawsuit against NYCTA.

If you or someone you love has been involved in a serious accident and you would like to inquire about the possibility of a claim, please do not hesitate to contact The Law Firm of Steven I. Fried, P.C. today to receive a free evaluation of your case.


No Comments Posted
The Law Firm of Steven I. Fried, P.C. - Bronx Personal Injury Attorney
Located at 5600A Broadway, Bronx, NY 10463.
Phone: (212) 964-5777.
Website: .